Sat, 08 Feb|
Osborne Park Hospital
Adjustment & Growth
In neuro-rehab, our patients experience a period of tremendous adjustment coming to terms with life as it is now, so different from before. Join us to explore practical strategies for practice which support patients as a platform for cognition & function, to grow, find meaning and live fully.
Time & Location
08 Feb 2020, 8:30 am – 4:00 pm
Osborne Park Hospital, OT Department, OPH - Stirling WA 6021, Australia
About the Event
Enjoy a new 1 day workshop for OTs, social workers and other allied health professionals passionate about neuro-rehab
Saturday 5th October 2019
8:30am - 4pm
presenter - Robyn Emmanuel (bio on Neurotherapy website)
location - Osborne Park Hospital
In neuro-rehab, our patients and clients experience a period of tremendous adjustment coming to terms with life as it is now, so different from before. For some people the emotional intensity hits early and for others it may be months or years afterwards.
We are committed to supporting our patients and clients feel stronger emotionally and to cope as well as possible through their often challenging neuro-rehab journey. Effective adjustment underpins their ability to make gains cognitively, functionally and succeed in other areas of life. In this workshop we focus on practical strategies to support patients and clients to grow, find meaning and live fully.
- interpersonal neurobiology - the evidence
- storytelling and metaphor to support adjustment
- I/you/we maps and the neuroscience behind them
- evidence for the power of the therapeutic relationship
- practical grounding strategies for psychological safety
- visual mapping to support seeing and striving for a better future
- effective advocacy strategies and communication within the MDT
Adjustment & Growth - 1 day
This ticket includes a 1 day workshop (6.5 CPD hours)